Green Impact highlights simple, achievable actions that can be completed leading to positive, meaningful change to the department’s environmental performance. Student volunteers audit the workbooks and award bronze, silver or gold and special awards: the Innovation Award, Best Energy-saving Idea and Environmental Hero. The awards are presented at the end of year 'Green Tie Awards' in June.
The Green Impact workbook for 2019/20 is now available - create or join a team here http://greenimpact.org.uk/chester. The workbook has been updated slightly, please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for submitting the workbook is Thursday 9th April 2020
It has been another successful year for Green Impact teams across the University. 13 teams from across the University submitted workbooks and achieved awards by completing 1035 ‘greening actions’ from our specially designed Green Impact workbook through the 'Green Impact: Universities and Colleges' initiative.
- Are there other members (staff/students) in your department you could engage within your team- the more people who are aware of your success and activities the better.
- Are there other departments who would get on board, could you encourage a neighbouring department/building to create their own team and expand the Green Impact network across campus?
- New Series of Green Impact Support calls and Webinars click here for more information and to sign up
- Ask if your department is signed up to Green Impact.
- Volunteer some time each week/month to support your department to complete their workbook
- Sign up to be a Green Impact auditor to assess the teams' workbook submissions, and complete the IEMA approved auditor training.
There's lots of information in the downloads section below, or just get in touch by email, twitter or facebook.
Congratulations to the teams who recieved Green Impact 2018 Awards:
Working Towards Bronze
- Coporate Communications
- Queen's Park Green Impact Team
- Warrington Domestic Services
- LIS Sutton Library (Thornton)
- Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions
- Marriss House Library
- Grounds and Gardens
- Hospitality and Residential Services - Catering Services
- Warrington Frogs (Broomhead Library at Warrington)
- Seaborne Library and Information Services
- Riverside Library and Information Services
- Estates & Facilities - The Fast and the Futurists
- Student Futures Super Savers - the team ran a 12 Days of Kindness campaign where staff and students were encouraged to donate items, such as food and warm clothing that would be given to Chester Aid to the Homeless, Share Shop and Chester and West Foodbank. The team created a 12 Days of Kindness checklist that encouraged people to take part in different acts of kindess, from supporting an independent store owner to taking part in a litter pick.
Winners of the Green Impact Special Awards 2019
- Environmental Hero - WINNER Lauren Holmes, Seaborne Library
- Best Newcomer - Grounds and Gardents
- Innovation for Engagement- Joint WINNERS Seaborne Library and Riverside Library for their Plastic Reducing Week
- Environmental Improvement - WINNER the Pop-Up Patch Challenge
- Student Leadership Award - Joe Moodie - commitment to the University's Welly Wednesday initiative
- Community Action- Caring Cups campaign which raised over £1000 for ShareAid
- Sustainability Star - Chloe Convery - ongoing support and engagement of the Green Chester campaign
Congratulations to everyone who got involved this year!
Policies & Reports
- Staff Engagement Strategy 2015-17
- Preparing for the audit
- Green Impact Launch Presentation
- Guidelines for Chester SU StARs
- Example Energy Audit Checklist
- Example - GI 5 Top impacts.doc
- Example - lighting and equipment responsibility plan.doc
- Example - SMART action plan_.doc
- Example - Greening Opportunities and SMART Action plan.docx
- EAUC Membership
Let's get together
Green Ts and Advocates...