Green Impact highlights simple, achievable actions that can be completed leading to positive, meaningful change to the department’s environmental performance. Student volunteers audit the workbooks and award bronze, silver or gold and special awards: the Innovation Award, Best Energy-saving Idea and Environmental Hero. The awards are presented at the end of year 'Green Tie Awards' in June.
The Green Impact workbook for 2018/19 is now available - create or join a team here http://greenimpact.org.uk/chester . The workbook has been updated slightly, please send any questions to email@example.com The deadline for submitting the workbook is Friday 12th April 2019
It has been another successful year for Green Impact teams across the University. 18 teams from across the University submitted workbooks and achieved awards by completing 1035 ‘greening actions’ from our specially designed Green Impact workbook through the 'Green Impact: Universities and Colleges' initiative.
- Are there other members (staff/students) in your department you could engage within your team- the more people who are aware of your success and activities the better.
- Are there other departments who would get on board, could you encourage a neighbouring department/building to create their own team and expand the Green Impact network across campus?
- New Series of Green Impact Support calls and Webinars click here for more information and to sign up
- Ask if your department is signed up to Green Impact.
- Volunteer some time each week/month to support your department to complete their workbook
- Sign up to be a Green Impact auditor to assess the teams' workbook submissions, and complete the IEMA approved auditor training.
There's lots of information in the downloads section below, or just get in touch by email, twitter or facebook.
Congratulations to the teams who recieved Green Impact 2018 Awards:
Working Towards Bronze
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Department of Social and Political Science
- Green Commercial Ops
- Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions
- Domestic Services (Warrington Team)
- Kingsway Learning Resources Centre
- Leighton Library
- LIS Queen's Park Library
- GHD (tenant at Thornton Science Park)
- The Fast and the Futurists (Estates and Facilities)
- The Foodies (NoWFOOD Centre)
- Hospitality and Residential Services - Catering Services
- Modern Languages
- Riverside LIS
- Seaborne Library
- LIS Sutton Library (Thornton)
- The Student Futures Super Savers
- Warrington Frogs (Broomhead Library, Warrington)
Winners of the Green Impact Special Awards 2018
- Environmental Hero - WINNER Megan McCarthy, Riverside LIS
- Best Newcomer - Domestic Services Warrington
- Innovation for Engagement- The Big PawPrint, Modern Languages and Seaborne Library
- Environmental Improvement - WINNER Seaborne Library 'Cup Clean Up' programme
- Student Leadership Award - Lauren West (Final year Business Studies student)
- Community Action- Student Futures Super Savers - Toilet Twinning
Green Impact Team of the Year - Seaborne Library with 251 points in the Green Impact Workbook
DoNation Award - Hospitality and Residential Services
Partnership Perfomance - Yvonne Ankers (Seaborne Library) and Berni Hunt (Modern Languages)
Congratulations to everyone who got involved this year!
Policies & Reports
- Staff Engagement Strategy 2015-17
- Preparing for the audit
- Green Impact Launch Presentation
- Guidelines for Chester SU StARs
- Example Energy Audit Checklist
- Example - GI 5 Top impacts.doc
- Example - lighting and equipment responsibility plan.doc
- Example - SMART action plan_.doc
- Example - Greening Opportunities and SMART Action plan.docx
- EAUC Membership
Let's get together
Green Ts and Advocates...